Monday 21 October 2013

The American Horror Story Actors are Also Characters in a Bigger Story

Ok, so I’ve never seen the first season of American Horror story, which is why the series hasn’t really got me thinking
too much about it until I watched the first episode of season three last week. That’s when I really started thinking about it.

Kind of.

I did spend the first half of the episode trying to figure out where I recognised some of the actors from before I thought of looking them up on IMDB.

Turns out that American Horror Story uses the same main actors in each season. Like I said, I didn’t see season one. This is news to me. I just assumed that American Horror story was a bit like Underbelly, in that each new season had a whole new cast.

I was surprisingly unnerved by this revelation, too. It took me awhile to realise why I was so unnerved by this.

And then it hit me;

American Horror story isn’t just a disturbing insight into the darker (if slightly unrealistic at times) side of American history, it’s also the story of nine people (yeah, I checked this number on IMDB) forced to live through the very worst of American history. Except that once they have struggled through each horrific part of history they are thrown into a new world of fresh horror. Death may or may not provide an escape from this existence (I haven’t seen/can’t remember enough to say for certain). Their torment made worse because they’re the ones inflicting the pain and horror upon each other. Some of whom appear to really enjoy doing so. The actors are in fact characters themselves, completely unaware of their reality. Each time everything resets to something new, their memories are wiped.

That’s right, American Horror Story is actually a window into some kind of hell dimension where the torment is never ending (which I think is actually the very definition of hell, duh!). Their misery is our entertainment.

Peace out!

Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment